We currently don’t have any open positions.
Learn more about our current students.
Practicums for Fall 2019
Better Family Life, Inc. (BFL) provides holistic solutions to issues that commonly threaten the sustainability of families through: 1) employment training and placement, 2) education, 3) housing and asset development, 4) community outreach, and 5) youth, family and clinical services. The Brown School Evaluation Center is the evaluation partner for two of BFL’s initiatives. We are conducting a three-year evaluation of two pilot De-Escalation Centers. These Centers focus on preventing gun violence through effective community and family engagement and tailored conflict resolution. The other project is a community impact measurement assessment that will be launched this fall in partnership with BFL and NeighborWorks. The purpose of the project is to assess the physical and human capital needs within the BFL handprint.
A detail-oriented, evaluative thinker is needed to support evaluation planning, data collection implementation, analysis and reporting. This person should be interested in the role of evaluation in supporting adaptive learning in complex and developing initiatives focused on solving deeply rooted social issues in the urban core. This position is ideally for concentration-level MSW students.
Major responsibilities include:
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and data visualization (e.g., GIS mapping) (60%)
- Assist with project report development (20%)
- Assist with partner meetings and other duties as assigned (20%)
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office required
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written skills
- Completion of evaluation coursework or other evaluation-related experience
- Proficiency with Excel
- Experience with NVivo and Qualtrics
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection, management, analysis, and reporting
To apply for this opportunity, please apply via Symplicity or email a cover letter and resume to:
Myisha Wilcher-Roberts, Evaluation and Student Experience Manager, Brown School Evaluation Center, firstname.lastname@example.org