Assistant Director of Evaluation (Program Director of Evaluation)
The Brown School Evaluation Center has a mission to advance evaluation science and practice to help organizations create lasting social impact. The Assistant Director of Evaluation will lead the Center’s evaluation services strategy aimed at building our clients’ evaluation capacity and organizational learning. This individual will lead the development and expansion of this strategy, including identifying new business and partnership streams, developing proposals and budgets, addressing the evolving needs of our partners, and leading major evaluation partnerships and projects. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring the Center implements and upholds a culturally-responsive and equity-driven evaluation approaches and services. The Program Director of Evaluation will also oversee the strategic direction of Center evaluation services with internal and external partners of the Center and Washington University. As part of the Center’s senior leadership team, the individual will collaborate with the Center director and associate director in strategic planning and organizational management.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Participating in senior leadership team.
- Leading the evaluation services strategy development and execution for the Center.
- Serving as point person for the communication of services and impact of services for the Center.
- Leading the creation, implementation, monitoring, and assessment of the Center evaluation services’ impact and quality, with support from Manager of Evaluation and Client Services.
- Co-leading the capacity-building and application of the Center’s culturally-responsive and equity-driven evaluation approach.
- Leading evaluation teams (i.e., project managers, analysts, research assistants) and providing guidance to Center staff on project management and evaluation methodology.
- Leading the development of grant proposals and scopes of work for the Center in collaboration with other team members.
- Co-leading management of external funding with the Center associate director, including project budget development and monitoring, staff sourcing, and invoicing.
- Supervising the Manager of Evaluation and Client Services and project coordinator(s).
- Mentoring the management team on evaluation methods, best practices, project management, partnership development, and implementation of projects.
- Developing and co-leading/leading professional development and graduate level training opportunities.
Qualitative/Mixed Methods Data Analyst
The Brown School Evaluation Center has a mission to advance evaluation science and practice to help organizations create lasting social impact. The Qualitative/Mixed Methods Data Analyst will work collaboratively on multiple research and evaluation projections, primarily leading, managing, and performing qualitative data collection and analysis (e.g., focus groups, interviews). The individual will work independently with mentoring from senior staff and in collaboration with other project staff.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading in the development of tools for data collection and analysis (e.g., guides/protocols).
- Leading data qualitative data collection (e.g., facilitating focus groups and interviews).
- Developing analysis plans and performing data management activities, including cleaning and quality checks as necessary.
- Performing qualitative/mixed methods analyses (e.g., coding, thematic analysis).
- Assisting with interpretation and triangulation of mixed methods data (e.g., facilitate data interpretation meetings).
- Collaborating on the writing of reports, briefs, presentations, and other dissemination products.
- Assisting in quantitative data cleaning, management and basic statistical analyses, as needed.
- Supervising research assistants in data collection and analysis activities, as needed.
The research assistant will contribute to the design and implementation of several evaluation projects. A detail-oriented, evaluative thinker is needed to support data collection implementation, analysis, dashboard development, project management, and reporting. This person should be passionate about supporting systems change through evaluation, and capable of managing multiple projects at once.
Major responsibilities include:
• Assist with qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and data visualization (50%)
• Assist with literature reviews and other duties as assigned (20%)
• Assist with project report development (15%)
• Assist with project management (10%)
• Meetings with clients (5%)
• In-progress master’s degree in public health, social work, or social policy
• Proficient computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office required
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Ability to think conceptually and practically
• Highly detail-oriented and organized
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written skills
• Completion of evaluation coursework or other evaluation-related experience
• Proficiency in Excel
• Experience with NVivo and Qualtrics
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection, management, analysis, and reporting
• Available to begin work mid-May a minimum of 16hrs./per week (flexible schedule)
To apply for this opportunity, please email a cover letter and resume to:
Evaluation and Student Experience Manager, Brown School Evaluation Center