Nov 2017 – Ongoing
Type of Evaluation
Planning, Process, Outcome
The Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (CIPE) enhances the ability of faculty and learners to function as interprofessional educators, advances interprofessional curricula and conducts research in interprofessional education—with the goal of enhancing patient outcomes.
The Evaluation Center is partnering with CIPE to design and implement the Center, learner curriculum and professional development evaluation plans.
CIPE was created in 2015 to further the goal of improving patient safety and quality in health care across Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College, University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis, and Washington University School of Medicine. The Center has since launched various curriculum pilots and held numerous interprofessional workshops for students and faculty. The CIPE staff work in collaboration with the Steering Committee, Curriculum and Assessment Committee, the Clinical Learning and Practice Transformation Team and the Professional Development Committee.
Evaluation Center Activities
- Develop a logic model to map the entire scope of Center-level activities for the next three to five years (e.g. curricula development, professional development, faculty and clinician engagement, research)
- Develop and implement evaluation plan for curriculum activities
- Develop and implement an evaluation plan for professional development
- Conduct interviews with faculty and students across all professional programs
- Identify and/or develop appropriate data collection instruments, management systems, and protocols
- Data management and analysis of collected data
- Organize and facilitate interactive sessions with key stakeholders and committee members
- Logic model
- Evaluation plan of entire scope of activities for the next three to five years
- Curriculum evaluation plan
- Professional development evaluation plan
- Evaluation reports for curriculum activity pilots & professional development workshops
- Cost tracking tool and protocol
- Qualitative findings reports
Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education