The Healthy Schools Toolkit is grounded in the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model, a framework that highlights 10 specific components schools need to support the whole child so that he or she is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged—the building blocks needed to construct a healthy school community.
Previously, Evaluation Center team members assisted in research activities and development of the toolkit. The Evaluation Center led the development of the evaluation plan for national dissemination of the toolkit and an outcome evaluation of a toolkit learning community.
Evaluation Center Activities
- Co-directed all project activities (research activities, translation, and creation of toolkit and supplemental resources).
- Developed and implemented an evaluation plan and protocols of dissemination efforts and toolkit learning community.
- Developed data collection processes and instruments.
- Analyzed and summarized evaluation data.
- Evaluation plan, including logic model and methods matrix
- Data collection tools
- Data collection protocols
- Findings briefs
This work is being funded by a grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to Health Equity Works at Washington University, on which the Evaluation Center is a collaborator