Feb 2018 – Jun 2018
Type of Evaluation
Infant Loss Resources connects people to programs, services, and information related to Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID), including SIDS and other sleep-related losses. They support families directly affected by infant loss and expectant parents looking for information, and train professionals on accurate and up-to-date SUID information. They also provide community education.
The Evaluation Center partnered with Infant Loss Resources to develop a follow-up survey for participants to assess implementation of infant safe sleep practices after attending a presentation.
Infant Loss Resources, in collaboration with the Evaluation Center, developed a post-training follow-up survey for participants who attended a safe sleep presentation. The survey assessed the implementation of safe sleep skills and the creation of a safe sleep environment at home. The Evaluation Center also developed a survey administration protocol which described pre-survey logistics and preparation, as well as survey distribution, data collection, and data management.
Evaluation Center Activities
- Developed a follow-up survey
- Conducted a pilot study for the survey
- Developed a recommendations report
- Developed a survey administration protocol, including guidance on best practices for follow-up with participants and data management tools
- Follow-up survey
- Survey administration protocol
- Pilot survey result and recommendations report
Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (Center for Community Health Partnership and Research)