Oct 2022—Aug 2023
Type of Evaluation
For 150 years, Jewish Family Services has provided children, adults, and seniors in the St. Louis region with the supports they need to lead vibrant, healthy lives. As a leader in mental health care, Jewish Family Services supports children and adults with various emotional, psychological, and social needs and resources such as behavioral diagnostics, family and school-based counseling, and psychiatry services.
The Evaluation Center partnered with Jewish Family Services to develop an evaluation plan, including a logic model and evaluation question matrix, and an analysis approach to better understand the impact of their mental health services.
Jewish Family Services (JSF) provides children, adults and seniors in the St. Louis region with the supports they need to lead vibrant, healthy lives. JFS understands people and families holistically and provides comprehensive services through multiple points of entry. The mental health services department at JFS provides in-person counseling, psychological testing, school-based counseling, and psychiatry services.
The Evaluation Center worked in close collaboration with the Clinical Programs Team and stakeholders to develop an evaluation plan for JFS’ clinical programs. The evaluation team facilitated three workshops with key stakeholders of the program to update an existing logic model, identify and prioritize a set of evaluation questions, and develop an outcomes analysis approach.
Evaluation Center Activities
- Assisted with identifying workshop participants.
- Reviewed any existing program documentation.
- Prepared workshop agendas and any related materials.
- Facilitated the development of the logic model and identification and prioritization of evaluation questions.
- Conducted a review of JFS’s current methods and tools.
- Completed a literature review of program best practices and standardized assessment tools.
- Evaluation plan including logic model, key evaluation questions, methods matrix, and analysis plan
- Workshop materials
Jewish Family Services