Washington University in St. Louis – Provost Office
Here and Next
Jan 2022—Dec 2023
Type of Evaluation
Impact, Outcome, Process
Washington University in St. Louis is a higher education institution whose mission is to “act in service of truth through the formation of leaders, the discovery of knowledge and the treatment of patients for the betterment of our region, our nation and our world.” Washington University is home to eight academic divisions that service and educate thousands of students.
The Evaluation Center is partnering with Washington University to plan, implement, and evaluate Here and Next, Washington University’s 10-year strategic plan. The Evaluation Center will create an evaluation plan for Here & Next, as well as evaluation plans for all twelve specific strategic initiatives.
Action plan development took place in January 2022 and the strategic plan was approved by the Board of Trustees in May 2022. The Board’s leadership and the action plans are now guiding implementation planning that began in October 2022.
- Digital Transformation
- Environmental Research
- Faculty Support & Development
- Global Initiatives
- Graduate Initiatives
- Public Health
- Research Excellence
- St. Louis Teaching & Research
- Staff & Operations
- Student Affairs
- Undergraduate Education
- University College Transformation
More information about the initiatives can be found here. The Brown School Evaluation Center is serving as the evaluation partner to monitor the progress of the plan implementation and document the outcomes achieved in collaboration with Nancy Mueller, Associate Provost of Institutional Effectiveness, in the Office of the Provost.
Evaluation Center Activities
- Develop an evaluation plan for University Support & Initiative Infrastructure.
- Develop a database to capture gatherings, talent, incentives, and awareness data.
- Collect, manage, and analyze REDCap data.
- Create and update event feedback surveys.
- Develop awareness survey.
- Provide technical assistance and consultation for REDCap database.
- Conduct key informant interviews and analyze findings.
- Develop, create, and disseminate dashboards.
- Develop, create, and provide consultation on project management tools.
- Develop, create, and disseminate quarterly progress reports.
- Develop protocols for evaluation tools.
- Develop protocol for ad-hoc evaluation requests.
- Inform the development of all strategic initiatives.
- Evaluation plans
- Project Coordinator onboarding slide decks
- REDCap database
- Provost slide decks
- Project management spreadsheet
- Event feedback surveys
- Year 1-2 evaluation activities slide deck
- Initiative Lead(s) onboarding slide deck
- Event feedback survey summary reports
- Qualitative analysis spreadsheets
- REDCap vs project management spreadsheet one-pager
- Quarterly progress report
- Protocols for surveys and analysis
Washington University in St. Louis
Hannah Allee, MSW
- Phone: 314-935-3099
- Email: email@example.com
Nikole Lobb Dougherty, MA
- Phone: 314-935-3741
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org