Mar 2021—Apr 2022
Type of Evaluation
The Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis Office of Continuing Medical Education facilitates learning opportunities for healthcare professionals to enhance clinical competence and professional performance and to improve patient care.
The Evaluation Center is partnering with the Office of Continuing Medical Education to collect and analyze data from key stakeholders to inform its strategic plan and ensure alignment with stakeholders’ educational needs.
The Continuing Medical Education Program (CME) at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis facilitates learning opportunities for healthcare professionals to enhance clinical competence and professional performance and to improve patient care.
CME engaged the Evaluation Center to interview Leadership, Department Chair, and Affiliate stakeholders from eight institutions to inform CME’s strategic vision and ensure alignment with the educational needs of key stakeholders across the institutions. Ultimately, the strategic vision/plan will inform the CME office’s renewal application with the Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education. The interview process may also invite stakeholders to reimagine the value of CME activities in their clinical operations and advance opportunities for partnership.
The interview findings will inform the development of a survey for additional key stakeholders. The survey will help the CME office better understand stakeholders’ perspectives on specific CME activities and services, such as full meeting planning, compliance requirements, patient safety and quality improvement, and accreditation.
Evaluation Center Activities
- Conduct interviews with CME stakeholders to inform CME’s strategic vision and ensure alignment with the educational needs of stakeholders across institutions.
- Analyze qualitative data from the interviews.
- Develop a survey for CME stakeholders to better understand their perspectives on specific CME activities and services.
- Collect, manage, and analyze quantitative data from the survey.
- Stakeholder interview guide
- Stakeholder interview findings report
- Stakeholder survey
- Stakeholder survey findings brief
Washington University School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education